Monday, January 25, 2010

Pressure Cooker Blows

Yes, you read that right. I thought chicken and dumplings sounded really good on a rainy Friday here in "sunny Ca.". So out came the pressure cooker and in went the chicken, a little this, a little that and she was ready for the fire. The giggler was giggling and it was calling me to cut the fire down so into the kitchen I went just like a good servant. As I stood beside the stove I noticed the steams release hadn't popped up, Mister was standing by the kitchen table and then POW!!!! Steam and Chicken broth, yellow mess spewing like a geyser on my new microwave (which I haven't even heated water in) on to the celling, cabinets the counters, the floor and dripping on me! I turned off the fire immediately. The mess!!! Good thing my kitchen is yellow.
The dogs came in and thought they were in heaven the licked and licked the floor. Who needs a mop when you have dogs!!
When it comes time for clean up who there to help you baby? Thats right, baby, me, myself, and I. Not even the dogs stayed. So its good thing that I wasn't mad and was oh, so great full that I wasn't burned. By the way we had Pizza for dinner.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like something I would do..if I cooked. Those pressure cookers are like bombs..I am glad you are ok!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm laughing... sorry though for the big mess. I know what you mean about the clean-up. It would be exactly the same here... dogs first, licking it all up, then me all by myself cleaning up the remaining mess!

    Glad no one was hurt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of haveing a bomb in my kitchen but I guess your right, and I was cooking it!!

    My dogs are always somewhere spying or with the ears tuned in when someone is in the kitchen hoping someone will drop a little crumb and this time it really paid off! I'll let you in on a secret I had to reclean the kitchen and this time I had to take thing out of the cabinets now I was laughing!!!

    ReplyDelete