Thursday, June 4, 2009

Moving right Along



There is this pretty little friend of mine, she is one nice sweet person. One of the rare gems you find once in awhile when you least expect it. Like when you are walking in the parking lot and happen to look down and find 2 twenty dollar bills! We have been friends about 3 years now, the difference of age doesen't make any difference. I met her when she became engaged to my neighbor across the street after his wife died. Of course she had passed several years before! His wife had Alzheimer's.So then along came Geri, boy did she liven the place up a spit fire of a person. Always busy and a good thing too,the house went on the market and she was packing, forget the honeymoon! Oh, did I get to help and that is how I met Geri. So we fast became friends,more like sisters.

She and my neighbor didn't last, their marriage was annulled in a few months but we remained friends. We have laughed and cried traded furniture painted walls and I sewed curtains for her, but now she is going to be moving to central California. Yes, that's right,my best friend will be moving sometime soon. Her sister is there and she is older than Geri and she wants to spend this time with her and it is much less for someone to live there on a limited income,


so it is best that she does this I will miss her but the phone will keep us as close as it does now, and the drive is 6 hours. Now I will help her pack to move this time only a little farther.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like and Geri have such a wonderful friendship... I can see how you will miss her. I really miss all my GFs in Ohio, we always had such fun on the weekends. :-(

    ReplyDelete