Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stinky Street

I had intended to take pictures, but as usual I was to slow! I mean really slow. I had 2 weeks to take the pictures and poof time was up they finished today and no pictures!
How many of you are like me, good intentions but somehow it just doesn't happen. I just can't get the camera to become part of my body like so many of you. How do you do that? Can you share that with me? I have tried sometimes I can but I sometimes feel like such a nut a person who doesn't know what they are doing. I hate looking like that. I try to fake it but I still feel like everybody knows I don't know what I am doing and they are right, I get so nervous I can't do it! So all help is welcomed!

Well anyway they tore up my street and I do mean tore it up. Worked on it all day stayed gone 2 came back 1 stayed gone 4 and came back today. I think they have a little more to do but the main part is finished.
Now we can park in the driveway again. Yay! In this state they say we are broke and then they come and tear up the street go figure. I thought the street was fine we didn't have any pot holes nothing wrong at all. I am now recovering from the smell of asphalt yuck. As one guy pushed with his broom one was standing watching him and one was on the phone watching and one was yawning, the other had his broom and was using it for a prop. They must have been ready for lunch what do you think??

7 comments:

  1. Demainca,
    Scrappy Doo here
    Welcome to the Ranch!
    I love the smell of road tar! I wish my street was so lucky:-}
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I carry my camera everywhere but I don't always remember to use it. *sigh* "I was gonna" is my middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't carry my camera EVERYWHERE, but I do try to take it more than I used to. Sometimes I just get tired of lugging it around and those are the times I regret when I don't have it!

    As for feeling like an idiot, well, the more you carry it and use it, the less you will feel like an idiot! LOL You'll just get more comfortable with your camera if you use it more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girlie, you got some dog biscuits coming your way... email me your address, suzgarten@yahoo.com.

    I responded to you and several others within the comments section of that "dog & biscuits" post - check it out when you have a minute. I was going to switch my response system to that method, but now I'm not so sure - you'll see what I mean by my post today.

    Hope you're having a great weekend... we're going to see the movie "Up" this afternoon. Should be fun, except for all the lil kiddies that will no doubt be running around... eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, you guys are making me feel so bad... I wish everyone coulda won in my giveaway. I LOVE giving presents to people, so even though I have fun doing the givewaways, it's a bummer to me that some people don't win anything. Maybe I'll have to rethink my giveaway format.... hmmmmm. *thinking*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should have put a sign beside them saying "Men At Work". That would have been good for a laugh.
    Thank you for the prayers.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dog biscuits shipped out yesterday, you should have them on Monday. FYI -- if your girls don't like them, I want to know. I'm fiddling with biscuit recipes to come up with a few good ones.

    Trixie liked these, Tori thinks they're ok, but Ringo doesn't seem to care for them. They might be too boring... I'm going to add some cheese to the recipe today.

    Re: my green pepper. I only have one green pepper plant, so I doubt I'll be chopping and freezing a ton of green peppers this year! LOL

    Get some pics up of your tomatoes, girl. I wanna see'em!

    ReplyDelete