Monday, September 14, 2009

Holy Cow Bat Man "Bees" are Every Where!



Boy howdy, the bees were here big time! I thought they were quietly going under the fence and out the hole but holy moly they were multiplying in the tree! I never saw it either. I thought something was happening last week when I was reading the morning paper (yes I am one of the early risers that do that). I opened the patio door and soon there were at least 50 or 60 having a party on the ceiling. They dive bombed the lamp so I turned off mine and turned on another one and soon they all committed suicide. Then that night Mister called me out at dusk and pointed up to the tree, at first I thought it was just a swarm like in the spring but next morn they didn't go away then when I looked well let me say I could see the honey comb!

So I called the "bee man" He saved as many as he could and had to exterminate the rest. My bunch is just the off shoot of the main nest on the property behind me but it doesn't belong to me.
I thought you might like to see some pictures of the bees and why they were so hard to see, where you see the orange is the bucket where the bee man is getting the queen and the hive. Then you see the bee man (hero) At least at this house!

1 comment:

  1. How cool! When I was a kid, my dad was the Bee Man. It was a very cool learning experience.

    ReplyDelete