Thursday, October 29, 2009

Up Date on Family Room


My family room has had a few changes added to it. For one thing I found a great rug!
I had been looking for quite sometime I had just about given up. No need in telling you the cost of area rugs are out the roof! So I had settled on my towel size rug, when I found this one and when told the price I almost ran out the door with it thinking they would be running after me saying wait,wait that was a mistake!!
As you can see it is perfect in here. I love it! Now I also got some match stick blinds
for the windows and it feels oh so cozy. In the kitchen I found some Roman shades, they were not so hard to put up much easier than wood blinds. I am still not convinced yet if they are going to stay. I do like they but they are definitely beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. They look fab!!! Great Job! I thought about doing that, you just have the "eye". Hey notice that I have the Feedjit from San Francisco, that's me!

    Really looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pops of red here and there..you and I must share the love of earthy colors..and then go nuts with color in the accessories. I am a bit more country..you are a little more formal in your look.. I really like all your windows..except to wash them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. About the "red" I don't know how that happened! One day I suddenly noticed I had it all over my house and then I just went with it, Its in every room except for the room I call the "granny room". The windows can be a real pain. They don't get cleaned like someone who has ocd but I found that the micro fiber cloths are the best things ever invented! If they can clean the doggie door it can clean anything. Just wet wipe and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your family room, and that rug is gorgeous.

    I left a room size rug in OH when I moved to KS. And I really hated doing so. It was fairly new and I had bought it from Pottery Barn (almost $1k, I kid you not). I figured hey, I would spend that on carpet, so what's the difference. It now graces the living room of my ex and his wife. Long story but they are friends. :)

    I knew I wouldn't have anywhere to put it here in the KS house. :-(

    ReplyDelete