Sunday, November 29, 2009

FLIPPING THE PUMPKIN PIE

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, we drove into Orange County, It can take 45min to
1 1/2hours depending on the traffic. As it was on out side we were going like nobody was on the freeway but us. On the east bound side bumper to bumper and they were not moving and I mean for miles! We got there 1 hour early and let me tell you I am never early!! Dinner (brunch) was fantastic the view to die for. It sits high on a hill and we were in a corner of glass! My daughter-in-law did great!

Then yesterday I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my 2 elderly friends they are roommates she is 77 and he is 89. They didn't have anywhere to go on Thursday and since I had to be gone and wouldn't be home till late I promised to make it for them yesterday.
So---- I put the turkey in, got the rest started, I did most the day before. I wanted to try and avocado pie had 2 recipe so I did both. They came here at 4. The turkey wasn't done (ok, I was using the new electric roaster) should be done soon. put in the dressing and pumpkin pie .Dressing done-- Turkey NOT DONE! Guest being entertained by mister watching a movie (good thing) 30 min later TURKEY NOT DONE!

Finally its done and so is the pie. As I am taking the pie out of the oven, SPLAT!
I flipped it UPSIDE DOWN on the over door! Can you believe that after all this?
Yes, you got it right a flipping mess guess we can have upside down pumpkin pie with whip cream it only got on the door, doesn't change the flavor. Everyone agreeded!!

We sat down to dinner at 6:30 the table was beautiful! I was using the very old and beautiful china she had given to me.
As we were finishing up dinner the door bell rang and a neighbor's son stopped by to bring by some collard greens, potato salad and a sweet potato pie( close to pumpkin pie as you can get)
So my dinner dessert was saved after all and I have to really tell her thanks.

And for the avocado pie its ok, but I sent it home with Bill, see he eats anything!!

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of avocado pie and not sure I'd like it even if I do love avocados. The thanksgiving meal sounds wonderful and i'm sure your guests didn't mind waiting on the turkey to get done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well sis,only that would happen to "us". You have the best outlook when it comes to difficult situations, if you didn't, that pie may have landed across the room thrown with a spatula! Glad it turned out nice, wish we were together, but will see you next weekend! Ye Ha! Love you!

    ReplyDelete